Even with a full line-up of fall TV shows about to start, I am mourning the passing of True Blood season three. Unlike past top 10 lists, I have left my comments brief, as I have a few concluding remarks on this season. As I move on to Vampire Diaries (what a great first episode that was last week!), here’s what I’ll remember from the True Blood finale.
- Maniacal laughter from Sookie as she disposed of Talbot’s remains
- Russell Edgington, extra crispy recipe – Kudos to the makeup team.
- Russell Edgington, encased in cement for at least 100 years
- Bill vs. Sophie Ann – She’s old, but he has nothing to lose.
- Bill vs. Eric – I didn’t see that one coming.
- Sookie vs. Bill – Invitation revoked.
- Jesus is a man-witch.
- Tara’s new haircut is super cute, even if she is still annoying.
- Sookie’s close encounters of the Fae kind
- Alcide is still gorgeous, dreams of Sookie, and is quite eligible now that Debbie is missing.
Before I move on to other remotely entertaining shows, I have a few thoughts on season three. Even for devoted Truebies such as myself, there were times during last season when my interest in Marianne waned. And, truth be told, the season finale was lacking – it felt more like a prelude to season three than a wrap up of season two.
Despite some less than thrilling sub-plots (ahem, Sam’s dog-fighting biological family), this year’s story arc was awesome, and Russell stole the show as the primary villain. A quick look back at my top 10 lists reveals so many great moments that it’s hard to believe this wasn’t a network show with 22 episodes.
What’s a girl to do over the next few months without True Blood? Well, there should be a new book in Charlaine Harris’s series. And there is no shortage of good TV – I’ll be watching Vampire Diaries, Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound and Down, Big Love, Dexter, Fringe, 30 Rock, The Office, as well as trying a few other shows including Detroit 1-8-7, Blue Bloods, and The Walking Dead. So stay tuned, dear readers, as we deal with this nine-month fangover.